Last Updated – July 16, 2018
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to contact customer service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Us through our online form.
Types and Uses of Collected Information. Kyndor collects two types of information about you:
- Public Content. The information that you contribute through the Kyndor Service is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, videos, check-ins, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information through the Kyndor Service, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should only share information intended for public dissemination.
- Communications. When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages and/or phone calls from other users of the Kyndor Service, businesses, and Kyndor itself. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to your activity on the Kyndor Service, and include but are not limited to emails regarding your account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and services, if applicable. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time after registering by e-mailing us at support@Kyndor.com or Contecting Us through our online form or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails. We may track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Kyndor or through the Kyndor Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Kyndor Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to the operation and use of the Kyndor Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe in our sole discretion to be objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Kyndor Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on the Kyndor Service, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
Release of Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
- Authorized Third Party Service Providers. Kyndor may provide products and services through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our or your behalf. You or We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Third Party Service Providers to fulfill orders, move data in or out of the Kyndor Service, analyze data, operate the Kyndor Service, troubleshoot and provide customer service. We may also provide personal information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Service Providers and the general public. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) or use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer the Kyndor Service. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you participate in the Kyndor Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits and use of the Kyndor Service, and visits to other websites or locations in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the Kyndor Service, you may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the “Member Profile Page” section of the Kyndor Service. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your Kyndor Service experience.
Choices on Collection/Use of Information. You can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information is required to engage and participate in the Kyndor Service. Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Kyndor Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Kyndor Service.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Kyndor Service are only private to the extent that both you and the person you are communicating with keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. Also, Kyndor may access and disclose such messages in the course of investigations relating to use of the Kyndor Service.
- Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information via the Kyndor Service with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event that we believe that the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We may encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the Kyndor Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Kyndor Service, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the Kyndor Service or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the Kyndor Service, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing partners for the same purposes.
- Privacy Settings. As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you wish to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the Kyndor Service.
- Public Areas. We may provide areas on the Kyndor Service where you can publicly post information about yourself or can communicate with others such as on forums. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
- Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Kyndor Service and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
- Children. Kyndor does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. On-line registration is restricted to adults. Persons under 18: Do not send any information about yourself to us–including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. Kyndor is not directed to children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible and terminate the child’s account.
- EU Personal Data. If you are located in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) related to your personal data. We will be the controller of your personal data processed in connection with the Site. You have the right to fully access all of your data. Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every customer shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the customer considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes this Regulation. You have the right to restrict or object to any of our data retention policies. You may request corrections to data. You have the right to erase your data from the Site. Should you select the optional opportunity to receive promotional emails from us about current offers and incentives, we will also use your email for this purpose. If you have not selected this Opt-in option, you will not receive promotional emails. If you have opted to receive promotional emails, or if you receive transactional emails about your incomplete order, you may choose to remove (Opt-out) this feature at any time and the emails will be stopped. Your contact information may also be used should we ever need to contact you regarding your order. The customer has the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her. Please forward any data inquiries to email@example.com.